Monday, October 21, 2019

October 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit - How I turned the cards into Shaker Cards!


I received my paper pumpkin kit over the weekend and got right to designing some fun alternative cards. As soon as I saw the card I knew I wanted to turn it into a shaker card. The beautiful pine trees create the perfect background. I love creating alternative cards and projects with Paper Pumpkin Kits and this video begins my PAPER PUMPKIN WEEK so make sure to come back for more videos everyday!

Don't miss out on next months Paper Pumpkin Kit - subscribe today!
SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin - click here - https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2042902

Here are the dimensions and pieces you will need to create this card:
1 Card Base from the Kit
1 Window Sheet 4" x 5.25"
1 1/2 trees from the kit
1 1/2 wood grain strip from the kit
1- Poppy Parade 0.25" x 3.5" strip
1- Pool Party Label
2- Bird Cut-outs
10- Tiny Snowflakes

Here is a list of the supplies I used to make the 3 cards:
Poppy Parade Cardstock 119793 $8.75
Window Sheets 142314 $5.00
Glitter (retired) just use what you have around your craft room
Night of Navy Dark Stampin' Blend Marker 144039 $4.50
Simply Shammy 147042 $8.00
Snail Adhesive 104332 $7.00
Foam Adhesive Strips 141825 $8.00
Dimensionals 104430 $4.00
Clear Block D 118485 $8.50
Paper Snips 103579 $10.00
Bone Folder 102300 $7.00
Stampin' Pierce Mat 126199 $5.00
Take Your Pick Tool 144107 $10.00

To purchase any of the products you see in this video visit
https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?culture=en-us&dbwsdemoid=2042902

Here is the tutorial:

1- Do all your stamping first. With the Night of Navy ink spot or an ink pad use the snow-falling stamp from the kit and stamp around the trees on the printed card base from the kit.

2- Next choose a greeting and stamp it in one of the Pool Party labels with the ink.

3- I wanted my "window" for the shaker card to be smaller than my card base. So I cut down the trees to be 5.25" x 4". So I took off 1/4" from the bottom of the base and 1/8" from each side of the base.

4- Adhere this to your window sheet using snail adhesive and glue dots. Make sure the Sparkly side of the paper is on top.

5- I wanted my "window" to be framed all around so I used half of another set of trees for the right and left of my "window". Take a pair of snips and remove one set of trees from the "snow" and then cut off the branches that are between them. This should leave you with 2 trees each with a flat side.

6- Add these to the sides of the window sheet with glue dots. Make sure the sparkly side is up.

7- Next we need to add a 1/4" strip to the top of the window sheet. This will cover the foam strips we need to contain all the glitter. You can use the white strip we cut from the bottom of the trees. Or use the wood grain strip of paper from the kit.

8- I liked the wood grain strip so I took one and cut it length wise to get a 0.25" x 4" strip.
9- Using snail adhesive add this to the top of the window sheet. Put this aside.

10- I wanted my snowflakes to be blue so they would stand out against the white glitter I will be adding with them for the shaker part of the card. So I used a Stampin' Blends Marker in Night of Navy and colored both side of 10 snowflakes.

11- Add these snowflakes to the center of your cardbase

12- Next add any other elements you want in your shaker card. I added 2 types of glitter a white fine glitter and a silver heavier glitter for texture.

13- Grab your window with the trees and turn it around so you will be working on the back. Tip: Make sure there are no gaps or you will loose your glitter. Using foam strips start at the top and add a strip along the top edge. Add another strip to both the left and right sides, however, they won't fit behind the thin tree trunks so I placed them behind the tree in the center of each side. Make sure the foam strip extends past the "snow" Next add a stip between the two strips just below the "snow". I also added some small strips to the bottom corners for support. Turn the window around and make sure all the foam is hiding behind cardstock so you don't see it. Remove all the paper covers so it is sticky.

14- Center the widow over the card base and press down firmly on the foam strips. You want to make sure everything is adhered so you don't have any glitter falling out.

15- Add the greeting on top of the snow. I wanted a little hint of Poppy Parade so I used a 0.25" x 3.5" strip and added it behind the Pool Party label and then added those to a wood strip from the kit. I used snail to adhere everything since I didn't want any more depth to the card.

16- Lastly add a couple bird cut outs from the kit with some glue dots in the trees. And enjoy!










I have also made a video walking you through making this card. Check it out below:


Sorry this video has some technical difficulties. For some reason my camera turned off during the video a couple times and so I have done some voice overs to help fill in the gaps.

Have a creative day!
Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment