Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Table Tent Handmade Card - New Card Size

Welcome back to Creative Chelsey. I am happy you found me and are excited to try this new card size. I doubt that I am the first person to cut cardstock to this size, but I love the size so much I wanted to share it with you.

The story behind the cut...I have been wanting to keep some generic Thank you cards in my purse and car for moments when I am grateful for someone and don't know them well enough to be able to send them a card and instead just want to hand them a pre-written and signed card to brighten their day. I was going to make 3" x 3" size cards, but they didn't fit nicely into my purse. So I took a normal 4.25" x 5.5" card and cut it down to 2.75" x 4.25" and wha-la the Table Tent Card was made. 

Here are some I have designed 
 

 

These cards are so easy to design and are the perfect size to use up scraps of cardstock or designer series paper.

Okay so how to make it:
Here are the written instructions, but you can watch me walk you through the steps in a video below.
1. You need an 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock
2. Place the 8.5" side at the top of a scoring tool, score in half at the 4.25" mark
3. Using a paper cutter, place the 11" side at the top and cut at 2.75" - then slide your paper and make 3 more cuts at 2.75".
4. Fold along the score line. Now you have 4 Table Tent Cards.



I would love to see how you design this size of card. Post a picture to any social media site and #tabletenthandmadecards to share your design and see other awesome cards.

Thanks for stopping by - Have a creative day!
Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment