Tuesday, October 24, 2023

October TGIF Challenges! Have Some Halloween Fun - Quick & Simple Card & Treat Ideas #tgifc


This month has been full of fun Challenges over on the TGIF Challenges Blog. Have you had a chance to be inspired by all the Fall & Halloween Fun!

I participated in two of the challenges during October and never shared them here on my blog. So today I want to give you two tutorials on how I put together simple treat containers & a Halloween card idea.


The first challenge was a themed challenge #440 - https://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2023/09/tgifc440-theme-challenge.html




This was a great challenge for me since I don’t make many 3D projects. I love these sour cream treat pouches because they are so easy to put together.

Here are the products I used to make these treat pouches:

Product List

 

1- Begin with a square piece of lightweight paper. I am using a 6” x 6” piece of DSP. Add adhesive to one full side. Then about 2 ½” along the top in the corner, and another 2 ½” along the bottom in the middle.


2- Remove the paper backing from the adhesive on the side and roll the paper into a tube, adhere.


3- Remove the paper backing from the adhesive on the top and fold so the adhesive runs across the entire width.

4- Fill with candy!


5- Remove the paper backing from the adhesive on the bottom and fold the opposite way, the adhesive should also run across the entire width (or close to it).


TIP- Sometime you need to reinforce the adhesive, I have seen this done with a crimper which adds a fun texture, or you can simple add a staple to the center.


TAG- Create a cute tag with a fun themed stamp set, like Pick Of The Patch. Here are some ideas. Punch a hole in the top of the treat pouch and string some twine through to attach the tag.

Watch the video below for details on how I made each tag.

All Done!




The second challenge was #442 - https://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2023/10/tgifc442-sketch-challenge.html




This was a sketch challenge, which is one of my favorite types of challenges. They are always the perfect place to start when needing a little inspiration because you can use them for any season or theme.

Here are the products I used for this easy card:

Product List


1- Cut your pattern paper to 4” x 4” and add to the center of the cardbase.

2- Cut out your coordinating images. I used the cute leaf die cuts from the Autumn Leaves Die Set in Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie & Cajun Craze.

I also fussy cut around one of the skeletons from another coordinating piece of DSP.


3- Stamp your greeting. I used Happy Halloween from the Pick Of The Patch Stamp Set in Memento Black ink on White Cardstock.


4- Arrange your images on a smaller piece of cardstock. I used vellum 2 ½” x 3”. Use dimensionals and glue dots as you wish. Add everything to the right side of the card.

5- Add any embellishments.





Even though I am late sharing these projects, I hope you play along with this week’s TGIF Challenge or any past challenges.

To purchase any Stampin’ Up! products please visit

https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2042902


Have a creative day!

Chelsey

chelsey@creativechelsey.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment