Monday, September 30, 2013

Quick and Easy Cards

I am reading a great book about creativity and one of the first things it has you do is reinvent a common object. Here is my first attempt and using the Blossom Punch I think I can still push the limits, but it was late and has been a long day with my wonderful children. And because I like to use what I make for my classes we will be making these for this months Beginners Night.


Here are some close ups. I started with the Calypso Coral flower first, pretty basic and exactly what it is designed for stamping with the Mixed Bunch stamp set.


Then I stamped, punched, and cut into the flower...doing the same thing for a background cardstock from Daffodil Delight.


I love making paper flowers and krincling them is such an easy way to make the stand out. Using the This and That Epic Day Designer Series Paper. I punch 2 flowers and then added some extra flowers in the center.


Last I wanted a different look to my punched flower yet still wanted a 3D feeling so I punched out my flower snipped once in between 2 petals. Then I overlapped the 2 petals so a cone shaped is formed. I punched another flower and did the same thing, just not overlapping as far. Then I curled down the petals and adhered the 2 flowers together.


I am really happy with how they turned out. If you would like to come and learn how to make them my Beginners Night is on the second Wednesday of each month, Wednesday, October 9th starting at 6pm at my home (Clearfield, UT 84015) 4 cards for $5. No supplies needed, just come and enjoy a little craft time.
Enrollment is limited to only 10 people. Please leave a comment to RSVP now to make sure you get in. 

Have a creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment