Thursday, January 25, 2024

#KCC13xSheetLoad | A Collaboration Hop: Three Fun Layouts You Should Try Today!

Today I am excited to share with you a new Card Challenge that was introduced to me by Alicia from Call Me Crafty Al. This month her Sheetload of Cards was a collaboration with Kendra from Cards By Kendra https://www.youtube.com/@CardsByKendra. Along with that collab we were invited to try Kendra’s Card Challenge and share with you what we made. 


You can use this playlist to see all the videos on this hop - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbHHlCw5koZl3yhfzBoxIQUkatwlTMjhZ


This is Kendra’s Card Challenge #13 - For more information about Kendra’s Card Challenge 13 and find out how to download the Free PDF, visit: https://sites.google.com/view/cardsbykendra/home?authuser=0


Kendra is also doing a giveaway and you don’t want to miss it - To enter to win a FREE digital download from Kendra, please fill out this giveaway form by Jan 31st : https://forms.gle/fJrnMPpZTWVbqHnGA


One thing that I love about Kendra’s Card Challenge is that it uses six different pattern paper and each piece is cut differently so you get a bunch of different card layouts. There are some layouts in this challenge that I have never played with and so those are the ones I wanted to make and share with you today. 


I don’t normally create cards with diagonals and so this first card was a fun one. I used the Sale-a-bration called Sunny Days which coordinates with the Bright Skies Bundle. It is such a fun card with bright colors. 

Product List for Card #1



After making my first card I wanted to try a couple more layouts from her challenge and so I used the same pack of paper to make card #2 & Card #3. For Card #2, the pattern didn’t look great at an angle and so I changed it just a little to make it work with the DSP and I think it looks great. It was a really quick and easy card to put together. 

Product List


For card #3 I was worried about the clouds on the pattern paper looking weird since they were sideways, so I thought about turning my card vertically, but after creating this cute scene with the alligators I think the clouds look more like abstract puddles and love how it turned out.


I really enjoyed the creative process Kendra’s Challenge gave me and want to complete all 15 cards. I will make to sure to share all of them with you in a couple weeks, so keep an eye out for that. 

Product List

Have a creative day!

Chelsey

chelsey@creativechelsey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment