Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Stampin Up Silhouette Scenes stamp set and How to use Pigment Sprinkles to make this Handmade Card

Today's I would like to share with you this beautiful card made with the Silhouette Scenes Stamp Set from Stampin Up. This card features a unique background made with the Pigment Sprinkles on Thick Cardstock. I have also used the Sweet Silhouettes dies and the Stitched Shapes dies to complete the project.

If you need any Stampin' Up product to make this or any other card / project you can order online 24/7 at https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?culture=en-us&dbwsdemoid=2042902


Also visit http://creativechelsey.blogspot.com/ to see close up pictures and step by step instructions.
Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/creativechelsey/
Or join my Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/2221750878097906


Here is a quick little tutorial on how I made this card. For a more detailed instruction you can watch my youtube video. I have added it at the end of this post.

Here are the measurements for the cardstock needed to make the card:
1 - Basic Black Cardstock card bases 5.5" x 8.5" scored at 4.25"
1 - Thick White Cardstock 4" x 5.25"
1 - Whisper White Cardstock 4" x 5.25" / 4" x 4" / 2.5" x 4.5"

Here is a list of the supplies I used to make the 3 cards:
Basic Black Cardstock 121045 $8.75
Whisper White Cardstock 100730 $9.75
Thick White Cardstock 140272 $8.25
Silhouette Scenes Stamp Set 149223 $23.00
Stitched Shapes Die 145372 $30.00
Sweet Silhouettes Dies 149541 $35.00
Memento Black Ink Pad 132708 $6.00
Black Stampin Emboss Powder 146956 $6.00
Embossing Buddy 103083 $6.00
Heat Tool 129053 $30.00
Pigment Sprinkles (different colors than I use, but same effect) 149663 $23.00
Rhinestone Basic Jewels 144220 $5.00
Simply Shammy 147042 $8.00
Snail Adhesive 104332 $7.00
Dimensionals 104430 $4.00
Multipurpose Liquid Glue 110755 $4.00
Clear Block I 118488 $12.00
Paper Snips 103579 $10.00
Silicone Craft Sheet 127853 $6.00

How to use the Pigment Sprinkles:
Helpful Tip: I like to use the pigment sprinkles in a container. I am using a large embossing tray. This keeps the mess contained!

1- I like to use a heavier paper like the Thick Cardstock or Watercolor Paper (4" x 5.25"). I then like to wet my paper with a water bottle first. Depending on what type of paper you are using you might have to spray it a couple times.
2- Next I sprinkle the pigments over the paper. I would like them to start blending together at this point, but my paper soaked up most of the water and so this time it didn't start to bleed until I added more water. Helpful Tip: don't open your jars of pigment!! It will get everywhere. If they don't already have tiny holes in the top (like spice jars do) then add them by poking a strong needle or push pin into the lid of the jar.
3- Add more water by spritzing with a water bottle. This will move the color around, yay!
4- Add more pigment sprinkles if needed. You can also use your fingers or a paintbrush to help the colors blend.

Once you have the look you want - place it to the side to begin drying.
Heat Embossing

5- On your Whisper White Cardstock 2.5" x 4.5" use the embossing buddy to remove some of the static electricity. It isn't perfect, but it does help keep the powder from sticking in places I don't want it to stick.

6- Stamp your image with ink. You want it to be well inked so the ink stays a little wet so the embossing powder will stick to it. So after stamping it to the paper quickly move to the next step...
7- Apply the embossing powder to your stamped image. I do this over a small tray to catch the extra powder. Make sure to cover the whole image with powder.
8- Lightly tap off the excess. You want most of the powder to stay on top of your image. If there are a couple specks around the image, don't worry about it. You will be fussy cutting and they won't show.
9- Use your heat tool to heat up and melt the powder. I recently learned a trick about heating it from the bottom of my paper so the air doesn't blow the powder off. Give it a try.

You know it is done when you see a nice shine to the image.
10- Fussy cut around this cute couple. 
11- Check on your background. Mine wasn't dry yet so I used the heat tool to speed things up.

Helpful Tip: Heat from both the front and back this helps keep your paper a little flatter. I also will sometimes press it with a flat book or my hand right after it has been heated up. And let it cool flat. It can help a little too.
12- Cut out extra pieces from the Stitched Shapes and Sweet Silhouettes dies. Stamp your sentiment in Memento Black ink in the stitched circle in the middle on the right.
13- Adhere the dry watercolored paper to your Black card base. I used snail and liquid adhesive because I wanted something strong to keep it from curling off.
14- Add your tree branch element. I used liquid adhesive and with a paintbrush and the silicone craft sheet brushed the glue all over.

15- Place this branch image close to the top and to the left of you card.
16- Adhere the couple on to the circle cut-out to the left of the greeting. I used snail but glue dots would work as well.
17- Place dimensionals to the back of the greeting/couple element. 
18- Add it to the card in the bottom right corner. Make sure to cover the area where the branch is cut off. 
19- Add some rhinestones on your card and your done!











To purchase any of these products visit
https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?culture=en-us&dbwsdemoid=2042902





Have a creative day!
Chelsey

2 comments:

  1. Am I the only one that can't see the pictures? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayle - I just figured out that my pictures aren't showing up. I am sorry about this. I am currently working on a solution. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Chelsey

    ReplyDelete