Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Perfect Pennants & Watercolor Wonder

Do you ever see something and just fall in love with it, but actually have a hard time using it? That was my problem with the club projects for this month...January. I really love the colors and soft textures of the Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper & Notecards and I also love banners and thought that I could put them together for a really cute scrapbook page and card. Well it was tough. I guess I didn't realize that the hard edges of the banners would not mesh so well with the softer textures of the paper. I almost gave up, but in the end...after multiple errors...I think it came together nicely.

It still looks a little barren but once I get some cute pictures of my kiddos on it and do some journaling it will be supper cute!

I also love the sentiments in Perfect Pennants stamp set and wanted to use them all! It makes this page really versatile, it could be for a birthday, family outing, or just some cute random pictures. Here are some close ups:


I am going to teach them how to watercolor with our awesome Aqua Painters so I left an area for me to do.



I really love this card and am so happy with how it came together. Sometimes for me cards are so much easier to design then a 2 page scrapbook layout. What do you think is easier?


I used the 2 smaller hearts from the Hearts Collection Framelits and cut the larger one from Calypso Coral and the smaller one from the Burlap Ribbon. Then pulled the Linen Thread through the center with a needle and tied a bow. So simple & cute.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a creative day.

No comments:

Post a Comment